Australian Home Buyers: Finding a rung on the property ladders
How to find your first rung on the property ladder in Australia
Download a PDF of this infographic [PDF 6.2mb]
DWELLING STRUCTURE AND TENURE TYPE, 2016 (A), (B), (C)
|Semi-detached, row or terrace, townhouse||12.7%|
|Owned with a mortgage||27.5%||34.5%||↑|
(a) Includes households in occupied private dwellings only. Excludes visitor only and non-classifiable households.
(b) Owned with a mortgage includes ‘Being rented under a shared equity scheme’.
(c) Rented includes ‘Being occupied rent free’.
FINDING YOUR FIRST RUNG ON THE PROPERTY LADDER
#1: INVEST IN A NEW BUILD HOME
- Customise your home before construction starts —layout, facades, colour palettes
- No need for renovation / DIY
- Less maintenance
- New homes reflect today’s design elements and trends
- New builds are usually more energy efficient (which leads to lower power bills)
- New builds often come with new technology
- “That new home smell”
#2: BUY AN EXISTING HOME
- Older homes may come with their own historical features which can be charming
- If you DIY you may enjoy the maintenance that an older home requires
#3: KNOCK DOWN, REBUILD
Why not knock down and rebuild?
- You own the land already
- You know the neighbourhood
- You just want a newer, nicer home
LOCAL HOUSE TRENDS
MEDIAN HOUSE PRICE
|LOCATION|| MEDIAN PRICE
(JULY 2015-JULY 2016)
| MEDIAN PRICE
(JULY 2016-JULY 2017)
|Shell Cove||$709,816.00||$830,000||↑ 14.48%|
|National Average||$464,145.00||$485,000||↑ 4.30%|
RENT PER WEEK
|LOCATION||RENT PER WEEK|
Those weekly rent payments could be paying off your mortgage!
Mincove Homes are knock down rebuild specialists. They can combine the benefits of an existing site with the convenience and comfort of a new build.
- Census of Population and Housing 1991, 2016
- Median prices and rent pert week information from https://www.propertyvalue.com.au
Related Blog Posts
Tips on getting your building project started
So, are you thinking of building a new home? Maybe your current dwelling no longer suits your growing family’s needs, or you are interested in building an investment home.
Building a new home can be an exciting but challenging process. Here are some tips to help you get started.
Reports and certificates explained!
When considering a new build, there are a few things to keep in mind. One of those is the reports and certificates needed in order to commence your project.
Staircase! Void Space, half wall, balustrade or full wall? How to finish your staircase.
One of these decisions is to decide on which type of wall you would like to have at the top of your staircase. There are several types of walls that can be used at the top of stairs to provide not only safety and support, but also to create a stylish impact in your new home.