Building With Us
Frequently Asked Home Building Questions
1. What areas do you build in?
2. I have a sloping site, can you help?
Yes, we have a number of designs to suit various sloping sites and we also offer custom designs to suit your unique block and your budget. Read our helpful article ‘Building On A Sloping Block? Here’s What You Need To Know’ for some great information.
3. What does the initial fee cover?
A number of different reports are required to establish your home, provided the land meets all the requirements for your design choice and slab required. These include contour surveys, soil reports, wind ratings and more.
The fee also covers the drafting of your plan. Our plans show all dimensions, elevations and 3D facades. This initial fee also entitles you to a fixed price tender and specification document, whilst forming part of your contract price.
4. Does Mincove Homes allow me to make changes to their house designs?
If our floor plans are not quite what you’re after, we will work with you to plan and design a new home that will meet both your requirements and your budget. Learn more about custom builds.
5. Am I allowed to choose my own colours and selections?
Yes, our Selections Consultant will work with you as you choose a scheme for your new home that best suits your surrounds, personality and lifestyle.
Learn more about the three stages of building a Mincove Home.
6. What if I don’t like the façade on display for the design I have chosen?
You can customise your home with any façade type you like. We will guide you as to what will suit, material selection and costs associated with your selections.
7. I have my own DA approved plans. Can you build to them?
Yes, we are happy to build your own plans and will work with you to make selections and obtain a construction certificate.
8. I’m thinking of subdividing my block and building. Where do I start?
To begin this process, the first step is to get in touch and book a meeting with a New Homes Consultant to obtain a free proposal on the council requirements and budget required for your project.